Thursday, March 8, 2012

O Lord God, you love innocence and you restore it in those who have sinned: Turn back to you our wayward hearts and inflame them with your Holy Spirit, that we may be steadfast in faith and fruitful in works of love; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen
(From the Gregorian Sacramentary)

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
   The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh,
   My adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;
   Though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after:
   That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
   To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;
   He will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
   He will lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up
   Above my enemies all around me,
   And I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
   I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
Psalm 27 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: