Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Joseph, Guardian of Our Lord

O God, who from the family of your servant David raised up Joseph to be the guardian of your incarnate Son and the spouse of his virgin mother: Give us grace to imitate his uprightness of life and his obedience to your commands; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen
(From the Book of Common Prayer)

1 I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
   with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever;
   in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.”
3 You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
   I have sworn to David my servant:
4 ‘I will establish your offspring forever,
   and build your throne for all generations.’”
5 Let the heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
   your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones!
6 For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord?
   Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord,
7 a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones,
   and awesome above all who are around him?
Psalm 89 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: