Friday, October 26, 2007

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.
Saint Augustine of Hippo

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
Psalm 128 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Kings 23:36-24:171 Corinthians 12:12-26 - Matthew 9:27-34

No comments: