Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Father,
You help me become more patient.
You know how impatient I can be. I want solutions to my problems and resolutions to my dilemmas right now -- right away. Teach me, Lord, to learn the lessons of the patient farmer waiting for his field to grow. As I wait for You to help me sort out my circumstances, place in me a patient and hopeful heart -- a heart that is pleasing to You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

2 Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
3 I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth.
6 Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered
Psalm 62 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Chronicles 29:1-3; 30:10-271 Corinthians 7:32-40 - Matthew 7:1-12

No comments: