Friday, October 19, 2007

Thank you, gracious God, for forgiving my sins today and calling me to repentance. I regret that there are some sins from the past that I confess to you, but still hold on to. These sins still have power over me. I pray that I may accept your forgiveness for all my wrongdoing and then really release them to you. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Kings 19:1-201 Corinthians 9:16-27 - Matthew 8:1-17

No comments: