Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lord, you say that no man may be drawn to you unless you draw him. Therefore, Lord, I pray that you will draw all people to you, regardless of how sinful they are. I never deserved to be drawn to you, Lord, and yet in your great mercy you drew me. If people around me know my great wickedness as you do, they would marvel at the great goodness you have shown to me. If you can make such an unworthy creature as me worthy to be your servant, then you can turn the lowest sinner into the highest saint. I beg that you will turn all sinners into saints. Amen.
(Margery Kempe)

1 The Lord is king!
Let the earth rejoice!
Let the farthest coastlands be glad.
9 For you, O Lord, are supreme over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.
10 You who love the Lord, hate evil!
He protects the lives of his godly people
and rescues them from the power of the wicked.
11 Light shines on the godly,
and joy on those whose hearts are right.
12 May all who are godly rejoice in the Lord
and praise his holy name!
Psalm 97 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Kings 18:28-371 Corinthians 9:1-15 - Matthew 7:22-29

No comments: