Monday, October 1, 2007

God be in my head: and in mine understanding
God be in mine eyes: and in my looking
God be in my mouth: and in my speaking
God be in my heart: and in my thinking
God be in mine end: and at my departing
(From the Sarum Primer 1558)

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine upon us,
2 that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.
3 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples justly
and guide the nations of the earth.
5 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
6 Then the land will yield its harvest,
and God, our God, will bless us.
Psalm 67 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Kings 21:1-161 Corinthians 1:1-19 - Matthew 4:1-11

No comments: