Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Father,
You are the Source of real strength.
I know that I cannot place my security in the strength of armies and navies. They may seem invincible, able to conquer the world, and yet, they are nothing compared to You. Though they wield great power, they have no sway over the human heart. Their fortunes change day to day and are subject to changing circumstances and the whims of man. I will place my trust in You, Lord, and look to You for my strength and security. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Kings 5:19-271 Corinthians 5:1-8 - Matthew 5:27-37

No comments: