Friday, October 5, 2007

Father,
You bless my work.
Thank You for teaching me that I can take pride in my work because I do it for You. That keeps me working to faithfully do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. Sometimes, I know that I've done a good job and even though no one else seems to have noticed, I will not allow myself to become frustrated or discouraged because I know You noticed and You are pleased with me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD
according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.
Psalm 101 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Kings 1:2-171 Corinthians 3:16-23 - Matthew 5:11-16

No comments: