Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lord, You showed me Your wonderful salvation, using Your people to draw me to Your love. When I knew nothing of You, You prepared a way for me to accept You.
How can I repay Your gift of freedom from sin? I own nothing valuable enough to repay the life of Your Son. Even if I give You each and every day of the rest of my life, the gift would be too small.
But take my life. Keep me strong in You; Forsaking You would be too painful a thing to imagine. My life is Yours, Father. May I honor You all my days. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 Save me, O God, by your name;
vindicate me by your might.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth.
3 Strangers are attacking me;
ruthless men seek my life—
men without regard for God.
4 Surely God is my help;
the Lord is the one who sustains me.
5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
in your faithfulness destroy them.
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good.
7 For he has delivered me from all my troubles,
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.
Psalm 54 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 36:27-37:21 Corinthians 14:1-12 - Matthew 10:16-23

No comments: