Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to thy fold again.
Deal favorably with me according to thy good pleasure,
till I may dwell in thy house all the days of my life,
and praise thee for ever and ever with them that are there.
- Jerome (c. 342-420)

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.
2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.
5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.
6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.
7 But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.
Psalm 5 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Amos 5:6-15Hebrews 12:1-14John 18:9-14

No comments: