Friday, February 8, 2008

Lord, I pray for the courage I need in life. Make me a strong Christian -- one who knows that You will be right beside me, helping me to make the right choices. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

4 In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by men and despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
8 "He trusts in the LORD;
let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him."
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you
even at my mother's breast.
10 From birth I was cast upon you;
from my mother's womb you have been my God.
Psalm 22 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ezekiel 18:1-4, 25-32Philippians 4:1-9John 17:9-19

No comments: