Thursday, February 14, 2008

Grant us, Lord, we pray, the spirit to think and do always those things that are right; that we, who cannot exist without you, may by you be enabled to live according to your will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(From The Leonine Sacramentary)

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
among throngs of people I will praise you.
19 Let not those gloat over me
who are my enemies without cause;
let not those who hate me without reason
maliciously wink the eye.
22 O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent.
Do not be far from me, O Lord.
23 Awake, and rise to my defense!
Contend for me, my God and Lord.
24 Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God;
do not let them gloat over me.
Psalm 35 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Genesis 39:1-231 Corinthians 2:14-3:15Mark 2:1-12

No comments: