Monday, February 11, 2008

Holy Father, I praise you for your constant strength and protection, even though I become frantic and full of fear. Quiet my heart today so that I may speak and act with confidence, knowing you will fulfill your promises to me in your own time and way, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 O my people, hear my teaching;
listen to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter hidden things, things from of old-
3 what we have heard and known,
what our fathers have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children;
we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
his power, and the wonders he has done.
5 He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children,
6 so the next generation would know them,
even the children yet to be born,
and they in turn would tell their children.
Psalm 78 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Genesis 37:1-111 Corinthians1:1-19Mark 1:1-13

No comments: