Tuesday, February 5, 2008

God, Your ways, Your wisdom, Your guidance are so precious, so perfect, so life-giving. They are always spoken in the purest love, and specifically for me.
You lead me moment by moment. When I have a need, Your love never fails. Your wisdom never falls short.
But, Lord, I fear at times that I miss some of Your most delicate, most tender, most precious words to me. I fear Your voice is drowned out by the noise of my own plans and foolish desires.
God, I set aside my desires and open myself to You. When You speak, I want to hear every whisper. Amen.
(From "Simple Prayers" by Ken Bible)

5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,
8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10 The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the LORD.
Psalm 146 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Proverbs 30:1-4, 24-33Philippians 3:1-11John 18:28-38

No comments: