Monday, July 7, 2008

Father,
I find true happiness in You.
You have taught me that I once longed for a happiness completely dependent on circumstances. But now I know that true and lasting happiness flows from my relationship with You. As I spend time with You, my heart is gladdened. You make me happy from the inside out. And that allows me to live in an attitude of happiness rather than a feeling that comes and goes. Thank You for this wonderful gift. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 God presides in the great assembly;
he gives judgment among the "gods":
2 "How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?”
3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.
Psalm 82 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Numbers 32:1-6,16-27Romans 8:26-30Matthew 23:1-12

No comments: