Thursday, July 24, 2008

Omnipotent God, people call upon you in so many ways, using so many names. Open my eyes to see your mighty strength at work in the humiliation of your Son, so that by brave speech and an upright life, I may bear trustworthy witness to your saving power through the life, death, and Resurrection of Christ. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave [a] came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalm 116 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joshua 9:3-21Romans 15:1-13Matthew 26:69-75

No comments: