Thursday, July 31, 2008

God, let me grow in the area of patience. Help me to remember when You make a squash it takes four weeks, but when You make a strong oak it takes a hundred years. Let me be patient knowing that You're working miracles in my life as You "grow me" into Your likeness. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

1 Unless the Lord builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
guarding it with sentries will do no good.
2 It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to his loved ones.
3 Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
4 Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
5 How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
Psalm 127 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 4:4-23Acts 1:15-26Matthew 27:55-66

No comments: