Monday, July 14, 2008

Father,
I trust You through each day.
Every day I have a choice. I can choose to lean on my own understanding, or I can choose to trust You. Sometimes You speak through my common sense understanding. Sometimes You teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Regardless of my situation, I will listen every day for Your guidance in my life. Thank You, Lord, for faithfully walking beside me all the way. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.
5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
Psalm 9 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joshua 2:1-14Romans 11:1-12Matthew 25:1-13

No comments: