Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Father,
I send my roots deep in Your love.
I love you, Father. I come to You, knowing that I will find rest in Your presence. You are my hope and my Salvation. When I am looking for what gives my life meaning, You are the answer. My restless, yearning heart will find no peace until it finds You. You are the One who renews me and enables me to flourish and grow, fulfilling Your every purpose for my life. Amen
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will sing of the LORD's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
2 I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
5 The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD,
your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD ?
Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?
Psalm 89 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 1:1-18Romans 9:1-18Matthew 23:27-39

No comments: