Monday, July 21, 2008

Lord, you are to be blessed and praised;
all good things come from you:
you are in our words and in our thoughts, and in all that we do.
Amen.
- Teresa of Avila

1 Hear this, all you peoples;
listen, all who live in this world,
2 both low and high,
rich and poor alike:
3 My mouth will speak words of wisdom;
the utterance from my heart will give understanding.
4 I will turn my ear to a proverb;
with the harp I will expound my riddle:
16 Do not be overawed when a man grows rich,
when the splendor of his house increases;
17 for he will take nothing with him when he dies,
his splendor will not descend with him.
Psalm 49 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joshua 7:1-13Romans 13:8-14Matthew 26:36-46

No comments: