Wednesday, July 2, 2008

O God, I keep hoping to find strength and security within myself, but I know my life is weak and momentary. Forgive my foolish pride. Help me anchor my hopes in the gracious appearing of your Son. Lead me to rejoice in Him, and boldly declare your life-giving power to all, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD
or fully declare his praise?
3 Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.
4 Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people,
come to my aid when you save them,
5 that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may share in the joy of your nation
and join your inheritance in giving praise.
Psalm 106 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Numbers 22:41-23:12Romans 7:13-25Matthew 22:33-46

No comments: