Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Father,
You are my Help and my Salvation.
Thank You for the wonderful gifts You have given me. You have provided me with abundant blessings and the help I need. You have never let me down. Today, when I need Your help once again, there is no shame in asking. It is my joy to come to You with my needs and Your delight to provide for each need with wisdom and love. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
Psalm 91 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joshua 8:30-35Romans 14:13-23Matthew 26:57-68

No comments: