Friday, February 13, 2009

Eternal light, shine into our hearts, eternal goodness, deliver us from evil, eternal power, be our support, eternal wisdom, scatter the darkness of our ignorance, eternal pity, have mercy upon us; that with all our heart and mind and soul and strength we may seek your face and be brought by your infinite mercy to your holy presence, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
(Alcuin of York (804))

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
106 I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
that I will follow your righteous laws.
107 I have suffered much;
preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word.
108 Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth,
and teach me your laws.
111 Your statutes are my heritage forever;
they are the joy of my heart.
112 My heart is set on keeping your decrees
to the very end.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 61:1-92 Timothy 3:1-17Mark 10:32-45

No comments: