Thursday, February 26, 2009

Giver of forgiveness and life, thank you for your willingness to forgive even when I feel unforgivable. Lord, I confess that I have sinned and fallen short of deserving your grace. Yet, you come to me and forgive my sins, which are many. Thank you for such a awesome gift. May I live my life as one who forgives. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and buckler;
arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.
Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."
4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruinbe turned back in dismay.
5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the LORD driving them away;
6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the LORD pursuing them.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 7:6-11Titus 1:1-16John 1:29-34

No comments: