Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lord, thank you for all that witnesses to your love. Just as the rain comes down from heaven and makes the weary earth sing, so let it be with me. Clear my foggy vision and open my cloudy perspective. Shine on me, in me, and through me with the witness of your steadfast love; through your creating love. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

17 Be good to your servant, that I may live and obey your word. 18 Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.
21 You rebuke the arrogant; those who wander from your commands are cursed. 22 Don’t let them scorn and insult me, for I have obeyed your laws. 23 Even princes sit and speak against me, but I will meditate on your decrees. 24 Your laws please me; they give me wise advice.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 65:1-121 Timothy 4:1-16 - Mark 12:13-27

No comments: