Monday, February 9, 2009

God, who from of old taught the hearts of your faithful people by sending to them the light of your Holy Spirit: grant us by the same Spirit to have a right judgment in all things and evermore to rejoice in his holy comfort; through the merits of Christ Jesus our Savior.
(From the Book of Common Prayer)

27 Help me understand the meaning of your commandments,
and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 I weep with sorrow;
encourage me by your word.
29 Keep me from lying to myself;
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
30 I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your regulations.
31 I cling to your laws.
Lord, don’t let me be put to shame!
32 I will pursue your commands,
for you expand my understanding.
Psalm 76 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 57:1-13Hebrews 12:1-6John 7:37-46

No comments: