Monday, February 16, 2009

Father, You nourish my spirit. Thank You for all the good gifts You have given to me. In this season, when my dreams have not yet come true, remind me to count the blessings I already enjoy. As I count my blessings, help me to realize that I am already rich in You. Show me that You are refining my dreams, preparing me to receive even greater gifts in due season because I trust in You. Amen. (From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

129 Your laws are wonderful.
No wonder I obey them!
130 The teaching of your word gives light,
so even the simple can understand.
133 Guide my steps by your word,
so I will not be overcome by evil.
134 Ransom me from the oppression of evil people;
then I can obey your commandments.
135 Look upon me with love;
teach me your decrees.
136 Rivers of tears gush from my eyes
because people disobey your instructions.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 63:1-61 Timothy 1:1-17Mark 11:1-11

No comments: