Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Father,
Your Word is a joy to me.
The cynicism of the world has gotten me down. Help me to come to Your Word and find renewed joy. Help me to discover a higher perspective that is not bound by time but flows from eternity. Show me eternal joys to light up my earthly life. And keep me always looking to You for the joy that comes only from Your salvation and Your presence in my life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

153 Look upon my suffering and deliver me,
for I have not forgotten your law.
154 Defend my cause and redeem me;
preserve my life according to your promise.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked,
for they do not seek out your decrees.
156 Your compassion is great, O LORD;
preserve my life according to your laws.
159 See how I love your precepts;
preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love.
160 All your words are true;
all your righteous laws are eternal.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 63:7-141 Timothy 1:18-2:8 - Mark 11:12-26

No comments: