Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dunstan of Canterbury

O God of truth and beauty, who richly endowed your bishop Dunstan with skill in music and the working of metals, and with gifts of administration and reforming zeal: Teach us, we pray, to see in you the source of all our talents, and move us to offer them for the adornment of worship and the advancement of true religion; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

6They stir up strife, they lurk,
they watch my steps.
As they hoped to have my life,
7 so repay* them for their crime;
in wrath cast down the peoples, O God!
8You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your record?
9Then my enemies will retreat
on the day when I call.
This I know, that* God is for me.
10In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
11in God I trust; I am not afraid.
What can a mere mortal do to me?
Psalm 57 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 4:2-6 - Ephesians 4:1-16 - Matthew 8:28-34

No comments: