Monday, May 3, 2010

Lord God,you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown.Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Lutheran Book of Worship

8 You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your record?
9 Then my enemies will retreat on the day when I call.
This I know, that God is for me.
10 In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
11 in God I trust; I am not afraid.
What can a mere mortal do to me?
12 My vows to you I must perform, O God;
I will render thank-offerings to you.
13 For you have delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling,
so that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Psalm 56 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Leviticus 16:1-19 - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

No comments: