Monday, May 17, 2010

I know, Lord, I'm not the only Christian with spiritual gifts. You give them to each believer, and I need to recognize and respect the gifts of my brothers and sisters. Give me discernment and help me appreciate others abilities so we can use them together for Your kingdom. I want to use my gifts to benefit my Christian family. Everything I do should benefit others, not just myself. So teach me how to use all You've given me to Your glory alone. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord,* for ever;
with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.
2I declare that your steadfast love is established for ever;
your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.
3You said, ‘I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to my servant David:
4“I will establish your descendants for ever,
and build your throne for all generations.” ’
5Let the heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones.
6For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord?
Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord,
Psalm 89 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 1:1-9 - Ephesians 3:1-13 - Matthew 8:5-17

No comments: