Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eve of the Ascension

Father,
You give me common sense.
Thank You, Lord for giving me discernment so that I do not get caught up in foolish schemes or time-wasting crises. Thank You for protecting me from the follies of my own wishful thinking and grandiose imaginations. You are good to clear those out of the path so that I can follow the legitimate dreams You have placed in my heart and mind. I am grateful for Your presence in my life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

105Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.
106I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
to observe your righteous ordinances.
107I am severely afflicted;
give me life, O Lord, according to your word.
108Accept my offerings of praise, O Lord,
and teach me your ordinances.
109I hold my life in my hand continually,
but I do not forget your law.
110The wicked have laid a snare for me,
but I do not stray from your precepts.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Leviticus 26:27-42 - Ephesians 1:1-10 - Matthew 22:41-46

No comments: