Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Heavenly Father,
Teach me to obey. I want to follow Your way, even when I may not understand why You're taking me through certain situations. Thank You for the authorities in my life. Please remind me that in obeying them, I am obeying You. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

35 They remembered that God was their rock,
the Most High God their redeemer.
36 But they flattered him with their mouths;
they lied to him with their tongues.
37 Their heart was not steadfast towards him;
they were not true to his covenant.
38 Yet he, being compassionate,
forgave their iniquity,
and did not destroy them;
often he restrained his anger,
and did not stir up all his wrath.
39 He remembered that they were but flesh,
a wind that passes and does not come again.
Psalm 78 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Leviticus 26:1-20 - 1 Timothy 2:1-6 - Matthew 13:18-23

No comments: