Friday, May 7, 2010

Govern everything by your wisdom, O Lord, so that my soul may always be serving you
in the way you will
and not as I choose.
Let me die to myself so that I may serve you;
let me live to you who are life itself.
Amen.
- St. Teresa of Avila

1Praise the Lord!
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures for ever.
2Who can utter the mighty doings of the Lord,
or declare all his praise?
3Happy are those who observe justice,
who do righteousness at all times.
4Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people;
help me when you deliver them;
5that I may see the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation,
that I may glory in your heritage.
Psalm 106 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Leviticus 23:1-22 - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 - Matthew 7:1-12

No comments: