Thursday, December 27, 2007

Blessed Jesus, you who loved those outside the law, who sat down to eat with tax collectors, who kept company with sinners, who cured the alien Samaritan, help us go beyond the law into an intimate relationship with you. Transform us from literal-minded legalists into your grace-filled children. Take us by the hand and guide us home. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
Psalm 34 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Proverbs 8:22-301 John 5:1-12John 13:20-35

No comments: