Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Father,
I seek Your wisdom.
The world shouts at me, demanding that I buy into its agendas. Noisy advertisements distract me and try to manipulate me with fear. It seems that everyone has something to sell. Now I am waiting in this quiet place, where You can help me to regain perspective - a place where Your wisdom and truth can reign and rule. Thank You for wisdom from above. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.”
22 Repent, all of you who forget me,
or I will tear you apart,
and no one will help you.
23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
If you keep to my path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”
Psalm 50 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Amos 8:1-14Revelation 1:17-2:7 - Matthew 23:1-12

No comments: