Thursday, December 6, 2007

Teach me to feel another's woe,
To hide the fault I see;
That mercy I to others show,
That mercy show to me.
-- Alexander Pope

1 I love you, Lord;
you are my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
3 I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.
4 The ropes of death entangled me;
floods of destruction swept over me.
6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry to him reached his ears.
Psalm 18 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Amos 4:6-132 Peter 3:11-18 - Matthew 21:33-46

No comments: