Friday, December 21, 2007

Good Shepherd of Souls, keep us in the safe company of your guardianship. Sweetly oversee the flock and keep us from the orphanage of sin. Speed our steps on our pilgrimage with you to the cross and, from there, to our hoped-for home in heaven. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD.
2 Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications!
3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.
Psalm 130 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Zechariah 7:8-8:8Revelation 5:6-14 - Matthew 25:14-30

No comments: