Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Almighty and everlasting God, with boldness and confidence we dare to call you Father: Fulfill and make perfect in our hearts the work of your Holy Spirit, through whom we have become your adopted children, so that we may be found worthy to enter upon the glorious inheritance you have promised to us in Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(From the Bergamo Sacramentary)

1 Deliver me from my enemies, O God;
protect me from those who rise up against me.
2 Deliver me from evildoers
and save me from bloodthirsty men.
3 See how they lie in wait for me!
Fierce men conspire against me
for no offense or sin of mine, O LORD.
4 I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me.
Arise to help me; look on my plight!
16 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
17 O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
Psalm 59 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 13:15-24Acts 6:1-15John 4:1-26

No comments: