Monday, August 4, 2008

Father,
You instill in me a quiet heart.
Sometimes I feel lost in a world of power players and win/lose situations, but You give me quiet confidence and a steady heart. You provide inner strength that helps me to remain calm, think clearly, and react with tact and gentleness. You help me to control my temper by showing me a bigger picture -- a better way. You teach me that there is no victory in anger and hostility -- that victory belongs to those who relinquish their anger to You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayer for Everyday Cares")

1 Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic.
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 6:25-40Acts 2:37-47John 1:1-18

No comments: