Thursday, August 7, 2008

A grain of mustard seed is so small it's nearly invisible. How could anyone who loves You not have at least that much faith? And yet even Your disciples failed from time to time because of unbelief.
This is a great mystery to me, Father. Some days my faith is so strong I can almost see it. I'm not quite up to moving mountains, but I feel Your power within me, and I dare to believe I am capable of anything. Other days, my faith seems puny and weak. Be with me on both my strong and weak days, because no matter how I feel, I want to do Your work. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 You have rejected us, O God, and burst forth upon us;
you have been angry-now restore us!
2 You have shaken the land and torn it open;
mend its fractures, for it is quaking.
3 You have shown your people desperate times;
you have given us wine that makes us stagger.
4 But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner
to be unfurled against the bow.
Psalm 60 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 8:22-35Acts 4:1-12John 1:43-51

No comments: