Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15, 2008 – Mary, Mother of our Lord

O God, you have taken to yourself the blessed Virgin Mary, mother of your incarnate Son: Grant that we, who have been redeemed by his blood, may share with her the glory of your eternal kingdom; through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, on God, now and forever. Amen
(From the Book of Common Prayer)

6 I said to the Lord, “You are my God!”
Listen, O Lord, to my cries for mercy!
7 O Sovereign Lord, the strong one who rescued me,
you protected me on the day of battle.
8 Lord, do not let evil people have their way.
Do not let their evil schemes succeed,
or they will become proud.
12 But I know the Lord will help those they persecute;
he will give justice to the poor.
13 Surely righteous people are praising your name;
the godly will live in your presence
Psalm 140 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 14:20-15:20Acts 7:17-29John 4:43-54

No comments: