Monday, August 11, 2008

Father, sometimes I am tempted to just give up. But You have awesome plans in store for me if I will just remember to lean on You for the strength I need. Thank You for the blessings You have promised me as I "run the race." Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

12 Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless.
13 Why does the wicked man revile God?
Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?
14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand.
The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break the arm of the wicked and evil man;
call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out.
16 The LORD is King for ever and ever;
the nations will perish from his land.
17 You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
Psalm 10 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 12:1-7Acts 5:12-26John 3:1-21

No comments: