Tuesday, August 12, 2008

O Lord our protector, thank you for guarding and protecting me. You have been my help from my very beginning. Forgive me, Lord, for the times I place my trust in myself rather than in your saving grace. In times of danger, remind me that you are my shelter. Let my life proclaim your grace. Amen.
(From "Daily Text)

1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
answer me, for I need your help.
2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
You are my God.
3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
for I am calling on you constantly.
4 Give me happiness, O Lord,
for I give myself to you.
5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.
6 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
hear my urgent cry.
Psalm 86 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 13:1-15Acts 5:27-42John 3:22-36

No comments: