Monday, August 18, 2008

Father,
You instill in me a quiet heart.
Sometimes I feel lost in a world of power players and win/lose situations, but You give me quiet confidence and a steady heart. You provide inner strength that helps me to remain calm, think clearly, and react with tact and gentleness. You help me to control my temper by showing me a bigger picture -- a better way. You teach me that there is no victory in anger and hostility -- that victory belongs to those who relinquish their anger to You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayer for Everyday Cares")

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 17:1-13Acts 7:44-8:1John 5:19-29

No comments: