Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Father,
You are my safe Place.
When I am troubled and afraid, and I know nothing else to do but run to Your arms. I bring You my fears, my failures, my inadequacies, and ask You to fill me with Your strength, courage, and faith. You remind me that I am loved. You promise to protect and guide me. I will not fear, for You surround me with Your love and mercy. You sustain me with Your wisdom and truth. I have found a safe hiding place in You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.
15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.
16 They rejoice in your name all day long;
they exult in your righteousness.
17 For you are their glory and strength,
and by your favor you exalt our horn.
18 Indeed, our shield belongs to the LORD,
our king to the Holy One of Israel.
Psalm 89 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Judges 7:19-8:12Acts 3:12-26John 1:29-42

No comments: