Monday, November 12, 2007

Almighty Father of all creation, today I give thanks for Your bounty and rejoice in remembrance of Your holiness. This is a day of celebration and song, of joyfulness and sunshine -- a day You have made for my enjoyment. Help me forget the cares of the world for today; fill my heart with light as Your blessings fall upon me and I grow closer to You. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
4 One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
Psalm 145 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Zechariah 1:7-17Revelation 1:4-20 - Matthew 12:43-50

No comments: