Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thank you, Father, for the power of Jesus Christ in my life. He is the brightness of your glory and the express image of your person, and He upholds all things by the word of His power. Thank you for the fact that He has purged me of all my sins, and now sits at your right hand. The inheritance He has received permits Him to obtain a more excellent name than even the name of angels. I join with the angels of heaven, Lord God, in honoring Jesus Christ, because I know that through Him, you have made your angels a flame of fire in my life. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs)

1 Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
Psalm 147 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ezra 6:1-22Revelation 5:1-10 - Matthew 13:10-17

No comments: