Monday, November 26, 2007

Father,
You provide a way out of temptation.
I can't say, "The devil made me do it." No, You have given me the priceless gift of free will, and I will not cheapen that gift by allowing another to control me. But I do fall into temptation, and sometimes I feel so weak. Help me to make the right choice -- to follow You rather that my greedy self-will. And thank You for Your promise that You will always provide a way for me to escape temptation. All I need to do is use it. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.
3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.
4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.
5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house for endless days, O LORD.
Psalm 93 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joel 3:1-2; 9-171 Peter 1:1-12 - Matthew 19:1-12

No comments: